Wednesday, July 16, 2014

How to be guided by God


God, or your higher power, the universe, whatever you call him/it is real and here to guide us.  (I use God, because that works for me, but use what works for you.)  God can guide us if we remain calm and centered. That's when we can hear, feel, or see His guidance.  He guides in large decisions and small ones.

How to feel that guidance is the question.  I, myself feel or hear His guidance one step at a time.  I don't see the whole picture like some people do.  I get one step at a time.  It can be frustrating at times, but it has made me grow in patience and faith throughout the years.  It has also given me comfort in knowing that I don't have to see the big picture.  It feels like less responsibility or burden to not have to know all the answers.  When I don't get guidance in some way or I am confused about a decision, I have learned then it's not time to make a decision yet.

My way of getting calm and centered is sitting or lying down and just talking to God and then give Him a few minutes to put some thought, word, or feeling into me.  I usually feel it come from my heart, or stomach, or from out of the blue.  I have come up with a technique to feel more inside myself, less in my head and more in my body, and more centered that I now use.  I am actually putting it into an ebook, which I will hopefully have available within a week or so for others to use.  But you can use whatever works for you, like meditation, deep breathing, or other centering practices.  Saying the rosary or others prayers can also center you. Once you feel more inside your body than in your head, give yourself some time to feel or hear Him.

Action

So go ahead and try it.  You may get one step at a time like me or see an even bigger picture.  Ask for guidance on something small at first if you want and test it out.  Just make sure you follow through if it is an action to take.  It may be to just wait on something.  The answer will be different for different things, but trust it will be the right thing.  When I get an answer, I feel peaceful and right inside.  And I just know it's right. Just like I did before writing this blog.  I wanted to do this for days and never got an answer until today. Once I sat down to write, it all poured out.  Then I went over it all and cleaned it up, but it felt right.

Try it and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment