Monday, September 29, 2014

Being Grateful for 5 Things Today Energizes You

Being grateful energizes you. As you focus on something positive, you release tension in your body which converts to releasing energy in your system.  As you release energy, you utilize it better, feeling energized.

But to really be energized by this, you need to feel it, not just say or think it.  You need to feel the gratitude.  For instance, if you are grateful for your husband (or wife), why?  What is it you are grateful for regarding him. Is he reliable, punctual, caring, generous, or strong?  Is he always there for you?  If you lack gratitude for this person in some ways, think and feel all the ways you do or used to.  As you do, your feelings will increase and energize your body even more.

Think about 5 things in your life you are grateful for.  It can be anything.  I love to feel how grateful I am for the summer and the beach.  I picture myself there with the waves, the breeze, the warm sun on my skin, and I'm reading a good book.  I can visualize it so easily.  When I do that, I can feel how relaxing it is.  I can feel how my stress over other things just melts away. And when I feel grateful for all the times I've spent at the beach and for summer in general, I feel lighter and energized afterwards.

So thinking of and feeling gratitude for 5 things really charges you in a good way.

Action

Think of 5 things to be grateful for today.  Spend a few minutes feeling it.  It is really healthy for your body, like a mini-spa treatment for yourself.  There are so many things to be thankful for: being alive, being pain-free, being surrounded by people who love you, having a roof over your head, having a reliable car or a job.  You are blessed if you have kids, parents, or a spouse who are healthy.  Think of experiences you've been fortunate to have.  Getting through tough times is definitely worth being thankful for.

You'll feel lighter and happier realizing how much you have to be grateful for.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment