Monday, March 30, 2015

Be Well - Honor Yourself

Honor yourself means take care of yourself.  Sometimes we try to do too much and tire ourselves out.  Sometimes we say yes to people and situations that are just too much for us.  We have to remember to honor ourselves in the process.

It can feel like we are being selfish, but really look at it. Is the request on our time really important and necessary to do now? Or can we say no or not right now?  A lot of things during our day can seem important, but sometimes if left alone, they resolve on their own.  They can also tire us out leaving us unable to focus on what really needs to be done.

It's not selfish to take care of yourself.  It keeps you refreshed and centered.  Done often enough can keep you peaceful and happy.  People would be much more pleasant to interact with if they honored themselves.

When I overextend myself, I am not focused and centered enough for my work.  I get crabby with my kids. I complain about life and how busy it is.  But I need to be centered and grounded and happy to take care of my clients.  It's very important.  I need to be happy to be a good mom and wife.  And I have a great life with lots of blessings that I want to be peaceful enough to notice and be content.

Honoring yourself is very important for your health and happiness.  We really do have a lot to be grateful for. We are alive.

Action
Take one day at a time. Look at your day today and see if there is space to do sometime nice for yourself.  Is there time to do something you enjoy?  Or can you make something you need to do today more enjoyable?  If it looks too busy, can you cut something out? Life is too short to not enjoy every day!  Honor yourself and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment