Sunday, February 9, 2014

Spice Things Up

Now that it's February, especially here in the north east area, we can use some spicing up.  I find I can start feeling bored or tired staying indoors most of the time.  It's a great time to make some changes to freshen things up.

I love change!  I don't need to move far away, sell my house, or make major life or relationship changes to freshen things up. Sometimes it can be small changes.  For instance, I like rearranging furniture in a room.  As kids, my sister and I would either change around our rooms or swap rooms for something new.  It was so much fun and the next few weeks, we would love to hang out in our rooms.  Even when I was 9 months pregnant, I remember sliding furniture around in the living room in the middle of the night because I couldn't sleep.

As you can see, I just changed how my blogsite looks.  It needed a little freshening.  We can always change things back if we don't like it.  I also played around with my website look.  I can get tired of things easily.

I like change so much, I have had to start painting rooms in my house a neutral color and using color in the pillows, curtains, and other accessories because my husband was tired of me repainting rooms.  I also have a neutral color house and shutters.  I just change the color of the front door on occasion.  It has already been 3 different colors in the last 10 years.  And I'm ready to change it again.  I also plant different color flowers each spring in the front yard to freshen things up.  I've also painted my office a neutral color of a silvery-grey and have deep red accents.  Those accents may change as spring comes along.

Sometimes I like to change up my hair, makeup, clothes, etc.  I also like to go get my car washed and get a new car freshener.  These may all be small changes, but I feel refreshed and happier when I do them.

Happiness is one of the most important things we can do for our health.  So if these little changes can make me happy, then great; it doesn't cost much or take much effort.

Action

Do something to spice things up.  It doesn't take much, but you may find you get a little hooked and want to make more changes.  It gets addicting.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment