Thursday, March 20, 2014

Following Your Dreams

Following your dreams is very important to your health.  It's not selfish.  It's following your heart's desires.  It's listening to what's inside you.  And that's good for you, those you love, and the world in general.  It brings happiness and good energy to the world.

There is a saying: "Don't die with your music still inside you."  We were all put on earth with a song in us.  That song means a gift, a passion, a dream, or whatever you call it.  We were meant to let it out.  It doesn't matter if you become famous or not.  It doesn't matter if you make money from it or not.  It doesn't have to reach a lot of people.  It just needs to be released from you, one way or another.

I have had a dream of writing a book for years.  I knew it wasn't time to do it yet, but I always thought I would and hoped I would.  Well, I finally did!  I have been working on it for over a year.  I finally submitted it to a self-publishing company to put it all together.  It doesn't matter if it is a best-seller.  It doesn't matter if only one person reads it.  It only matters that I did it.  I let my song out.  I will not die with it inside.

I encourage everyone to do the same.  Holding a dream inside and not following it holds in a great energy that needs to be expressed.  It causes not only tension in the body, but a sadness of something not being birthed.  Don't die with your song in you.

Action
Listen to what's inside you that's itching to get out.  Feel what it feels like inside at the thought of it coming true.  You can feel the excitement, nervousness, and happiness it would bring, don't you?  Then listen to God, or your higher power or center, of what steps to take to get there.  It may take time and have to be done step by step, but once it happens, there is no greater feeling.  Follow your dreams!


(And now that my time is freed up again because the book is out of my hands, I'm excited to get back to blogging again.  Sorry for the lapse in writing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment